Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dancing with Jesus

Dancing with Jesus can bring us so much joy, if we only take the step into his arms. I read a book by Angela Thomas called When Wallflowers Dance and then a couple years later I heard a song that made me imagine dancing with Jesus through all the trials and joy that life may bring to us.
When Jesus asked me if I’d like to dance, I could barely stand but I found no walls that I could lean against, so I took his hand.
I didn’t know where Jesus would dance me to, I only knew I didn’t care. I was so happy just to be with Jesus, it didn’t matter where we danced to.
Jesus danced me to an endless ocean view from a high mountain plain. Then Jesus danced me through a some rough land and stormy waters. For a while, Jesus seemed to disappear and I could find no place for my head to rest. When the land became smooth and the waters at a calm state, Jesus was still there waiting for me to dance again.
I still don’t know where Jesus and I are dancing to, but I would be a fool to care. I am just so happy to be dancing with Jesus, it doesn’t matter where we are dancing to.
What a song, a endless song that Jesus and I are dancing to. In my heart the song has been playing all along but until I accepted Jesus into my heart, I never knew how wonderful dancing would be with Jesus.

No comments: