Monday, May 5, 2008

Chimes Ring

In the current season of my life I have the opportunity to work out of my home. The best part of my day is in the morning (after the children are at school of course). It is the time I can go outside on my deck to study God’s word and to be still and listen to God speak to me.

As I sit still and study His word, I hear music all around me. Music of birds singing, woodpeckers knocking on trees, rooster’s crowing, squirrels running through the leaves and chimes ringing as the wind blows. I give God the glory in bringing all the music to me. One way that God speaks to me is through his creations in nature.

John 3:8 says … “The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the spirit”.

This says to me is that I cannot control the work of the Holy Spirit. As with the wind, I can not predict when or where it will blow.

No comments: